A BUSY MONTH FOR MILLER ELECTRIC CENTER
On March 8, Miller Electric Center’s construction manager, Haskell, treated all 500+ site workers to an appreciation lunch, raffle prizes, high-visibility performance t-shirts, plus surprise guest appearances by Jaguars head coach Doug Pederson, GM Trent Baalke, Jaxson deVille and THE ROAR cheerleaders.
With less than four months remaining until the Jaguars’ sports performance center opens its covered grandstands to fans at training camp, workers were reminded to maintain their focus and be mindful of site safety measures during the project’s homestretch. To view the photo album from the event and Coach’s visit, click here.
The grass is also always greener … at Miller Electric Center! Our irrigation is installed and the new system captures, conserves, and recycles water to treat the practice fields, thus reducing water needs.
- Aisling Millar McDonald of Jacksonville will produce a 16’ tall powder-coated, mild steel sculpture, representing various aspects of a community stepping up and coming together to support and elevate its future. The artwork will be located outside the team entry lobby.
- Casto Solano of Vitoria Gasteiz, Spain will create an eight-foot-wide illuminated sculpture of a jaguar head that will be installed on a pedestal south of the public lobby.
- Will DuBois of Missouri will produce four sculptural goal post-shaped bike racks for fan use.
- Timothy R. Smith of California will produce a monumental mural for the north exterior facade of Miller Electric Center’s indoor practice field, measuring over 400’ wide, celebrating all that makes Northeast Florida unique.
- Arlin Graff of Ohio will design two murals on vinyl for the fan amenity grandstand area that celebrate football in #DUUUVAL.
- DAAS of North Carolina will produce an additional mural on vinyl for the amenity grandstand area that highlights the athlete.
- For full details, click here.
SHIPYARDS SITEWORK CONTINUES
March has seen continued gantry rail removal and site leveling at the Shipyards. We also recently submitted our foundation permit applications with the City of Jacksonville for the office and hotel. Once these are approved, we’ll begin installing foundations.
INTRODUCING THE ‘COMMUNITY CORNER’
Stay up-to-date with our downtown community initiatives and ways you can get involved.
The Jaguars are committed to uplifting the Northeast Florida community and beyond by providing economic and equal opportunity through programs that strengthen neighborhoods and develop our youth. As a team, we target three key strategic areas of focus: neighborhood revitalization, youth development and NFL league-wide initiatives. The Jaguars and the Khan Family have been strong supporters of our Jacksonville community since 2012 through the Jacksonville Jaguars Foundation, and have donated just over $27 million into the community, with $1 million supporting the revitalization of Jacksonville’s historic OUTEAST neighborhood. In addition, Mr. Khan and his family donated $5 million to MOSH in its relocation to the Northbank at the Shipyards.
For real-time updates, follow 1st DownTown Jacksonville on social media. We appreciate your ongoing support!